Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big M

th.gif

You beat me to it. I'm working on that project. Darn it. lol

Update on my special little guy.

I had a big scare. One day he couldn't walk. He was stumbling around with one leg curled up. I was afraid I was going to loose him. I splinted his curled foot and toes. And it didn't do any good. He wasn't getting better and it went on for a couple weeks. He couldn't walk nearly at all. He just laidthere all day and I would set him by food and water a few times a day. He was in a cage with a friend. His other friends had moved out into a new big grass run.

Well I figured he wasn't getting better, so it would be best if he spent the rest of his time enjoying it out in the grass with his buddies. And within a day or two he was walking great. I think he pulled his leg or something, and then when I moved him to the cage it was just too slippery for him to regain his strength. He is making a speedy recovery now. And the worst is over. He is still favoring the leg a little, and his right wing is a little droopy for balence. But he can actually run around now, and I am so thrilled. I think within a week or less he will be completely back to normal.
woot.gif

brahma4.jpg

He is now around 9 weeks old. As he aged he has lost some of his mottling. But I know it's there. There is a little white on his wings and tail. Pretty good for an F1 anyway. I can't wait to go into F2's.

And as another happy side note. I hatched a whole big batch of F1's. I know there are at least a couple that are looking good like him. I took pictures, but they are blurry and no good, so I am hesitant to post them. can't wait to go on. I am a little unsure of the plan right now. But I will figure it out once they mature and I can really see what I'm working with.

Is this you Joe? He is out of a cockbird I got from Greg, and a hen I hatched last year from a John Neff egg. I have three just about identical. I really have coop-blindness both ways on them. One day I feel pretty good about them, and the next day not so good. I will be showing them Sept 11 at the West Texas Fair. Steve Jones will be judging, I'll have a better idea after that. He knows Brahmas.

I just took it today. I don't have a side pic. I have lots of photos on my album at the Brahma club site. More cockerel photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom