Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
They are beauties! I have the first color, the blue Partridge, but would love to have the others!

31698_p1010768.jpg

31698_p1010602.jpg

Quote:
They are my birds. The girls are just starting to lay but aren't fertile yet, so hopefully in the spring I'll be hatching some babies.

I also have these -
31698_p1010820.jpg
31698_p1010636.jpg
31698_p1010714.jpg

... as well as the normal light, dark, and buff colors.

Where are you located? They are beautiful. I have 2 Buffs...would love to get an opinion on them. They are just hatchery birds. Where did your birds come from? I love, love, love the full feathering! What do you call the coloring on the bottom?

Last edited:
Thanks, I love them, too.

The pullet on the bottom picture is a lemon pyle. The cockerel in the middle in the second picture is also a lemon pyle. The first picture is Mel. He is a cross between my lemon pyle hen and a blue partridge roo. I love these guys because they are absolutely huge! They are only 9 months old and so aren't finished growing yet. I'm located in Central Florida.

I've posted these a few times on BYC.....Blue Brahma project birds. Half Light Brahma, Half Cochin. Large fowl. They are for sale if anyone is interested...East Tennessee, no shipping.

The rooster (next to a bantam lavender cochin hen)
24277_downsized_1205001023.jpg

The prettiest blue pullet.
24277_downsized_1205001021.jpg

This is actually a rooster (who is now gone) but there is an identical girl available. Same coloring. She is BIG.
24277_downsized_1205001020a.jpg

Blue copper looking pullet.
24277_downsized_1205001020.jpg

Also have a blue cochin hen with a peacomb availablet that can be "added on" to the quad. She is on the left in this picture......the prettiest blue pullet shown above is the girl on the right.
24277_downsized_1205001021a.jpg

I had considered adding a Light Brahma rooster to my flock and continuing to work towards Blue Brahmas.....but don't have the time or space. So I would love to pass these birds on to someone who will work on it. If someone didn't want the rooster, the trio of girls and/or blue cochin hen with peacomb can be sold without the rooster. He is such an awesome boy, I don't mind keeping him, although I will not use him for any project.

Quote:
Your birds are beautiful. I wish I could find the time to get down and see them in person.

Thanks. You are welcome to come visit any time. Some of the girls are laying now but they aren't fertile yet, so the boys must be a little slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom