Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim, just wanted to let you know that my birds I hatched are wonderful. Think I have 3 roo's and the one buff that hatched I think is a roo. Just going by the darker comb's. One I know for sure since I witnessed him crowing. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. Just hatched 5 chicks from the buff's I got from John Neff. Have one of the hen's sitting on 6 eggs also. Will be crossing your buff roo with his when the time come's. Glad I'll have two different lines.

Quote:
pop.gif

Here is a pic of the buff's I hatched this week from John Neff's bird's I got this spring. Three are darker than the other two. John suggested they might be roo's. Anyone else think the same?
23845_misc_pics_010.jpg

Quote:
Glad to hear your birds are doing well. I have written down chick down color to see if there is any correlation between down color and sex. I have not found any relation.(in my experience)

Thats basically how I established my line, John Neff birds crossed onto Spence/Williams birds. You should have a very solid foundation in the buffs and lights.

Thanks, that makes me feel great!
ya.gif
I have decided to concentrate on brahma's from now on. Have gotten rid of most of my silkies, will keep a couple because I just love them so much, but have decided to not keep anything I'm not serious about showing in the future. I would like to improve what I have and work from there. I'll of course be keeping my layer's for eggs and a few that are my son's pets. Having a swap in a couple of weeks and hope to narrow down alot then. My husband doesn't have a thing to say about my chicken's until I start to sell one, then it's "but that's my favorite." Well that and the feed bill, I do hear about that on occasion!
big_smile.png

I need some sexing help from the Brahma experts! I posted a couple a weeks ago in the gender thread but received very mixed reviews! As you can tell my Light Brahma's are hatchery stock and don't look anything like a LB should! Apparently this coloring is very common in LB from My Pet Chicken
hmm.png
But I still think they are beautiful
big_smile.png

They are 10 weeks old. Thank you! I really, really appreciate your feedback!!

IRIS

81900_chickens_and_dogs_090.jpg

81900_pets_and_chickens_at_10_weeks_old_029.jpg

81900_pets_and_chickens_at_10_weeks_old_036.jpg

TULIP

81900_pets_and_chickens_at_10_weeks_old_056.jpg

81900_pets_and_chickens_at_10_weeks_old_068.jpg

81900_pets_and_chickens_at_10_weeks_old_063.jpg

Thank You
bow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.