Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pop doors are 14 inches square. My 2 adult hens have no problems going through. My 14 week old cockerel is now having to duck as he goes in. I just wonder if he's going to have problems when he's full grown!!
ep.gif

Ok so I emailed three people about their brahmas. I asked them all for hatching eggs and I want some one to list who they would want eggs from the most to the least. The people I emailed were John T. Neff, Kim and Kendra Aldrich,and John and Bev Tenneson. I really need to know who is the best breeder out of the three people.
Kim and Kendra have bantam buffs and large lights, John Neff has the same. I am not familiar with John and Bev, and not sure what they raise. They are all good breeders. It would be just plain crazy to label one "the best". All are ABC members. Kim is the current president. John Neff has sold eggs in the past, don't know if he still does. Its a little late and a little hot for shipping eggs now, IMO. Kim lives in Michigan, I think he's the closest to you, John N is in Florida.
Join the Brahma Club "IF" you are serious about breeding/exhibiting Brahmas. There is a club points list that shows who wins consistently if that is what you mean by "best".

Tim Lindenborn

My pop doors are 14 inches square. My 2 adult hens have no problems going through. My 14 week old cockerel is now having to duck as he goes in. I just wonder if he's going to have problems when he's full grown!!
ep.gif

Thanks! I have a feeling I'm going to have to make some changes to the coop we just bought. Rats! It looks so pretty the way it is. Hopefully my husband will be able to fix it.

She will probably have to duck some but it SHOULD work.

Thank you. I'm hoping all the changes we've made to the coop will suit her. And I really want to get this door before we go on vacation. I have never seen a full-grown Brahma in real life, so I have no concept what she's going to look like, or how big she's going to be. She's already taller than my RIR and EE. Up until last week, she was the same size.

I have another question. How many of you people would spend $100 to $250 on a show quality light brahma? The owners are John & Bev Tenneson and I would have to have it shipped from Washington state to Ohio. Plus how much would shipping be about? They said they used to show birds but are now done showing and one of their mid priced birds they sold won Reserve Grand Champion Asiatic recently. Also John Neff said he does sell hatching eggs but not until next spring. No clue what the price on the eggs would be. So what I want to know is who would wait until spring and get eggs from John Neff and who would just buy one really expensive cockerel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom