Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally have time to get to a computer to post pics.

Here is my Light Brahma rooster. He is almost a year old.

This is my wife's Cochin rooster. He is 7 months. Just thought I'd share it, because he turned out really handsome.

Mine is so funny. At night she wants to roost on my shoulders on in my arms. She is the baby of the coop and the others are still showing her who's boss. She knows she is safe on my shoulders or arms, so she just jumps for it. She is going to be so big. Her feet are just enormous.

I have a quick Brahma laying question.

My Georgina (yes, the suspect pullet) started laying two weeks ago and she has only layed 4 eggs that we know of.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal for a Brahma?

My 2 Brahma pullets from last year laid in fits and starts from 5 months old last September to 8 months old in December. Then stopped with the very short days. Of this year's 7 pullets only one is a bit red at 5 months. I suspect they will not get into full swing until next spring. And boy did 3 of them have me guessing for 10-11 weeks. They looked like slow feathering young roos for the longest time. Glad to hear Georgina is not a George. Last years accidental Brahma roo learned his name, Ginger, before we figured out his gender.

This years young pullets. The last pic is for you Tim.
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom