Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, it is that time of year. Many of my birds and my chicken friend's birds are molting too. Some go through light molts where you can hardly tell they're molting and others go through harder molts where it is very evident they are molting. One of my birds when through a very hard molt recently and lost nearly all of her feathers. I nicknamed her baldy. Her feathers are coming back in nicely now. My roosters may help in the molt when they mount the girls but the feathers are coming out anyway because they are molting. Out of 100 layers right now I'm only getting around 2 dozen eggs a day where normally I get around 7 dozen eggs a day.

I have a light Brahma from Ideal hatchery. My problem is I wonder if it is actually a light Brahma. She is only 2 weeks old but I thought their wing feathers grew in black? The wing feathers are growing in different. This is the best I can describe my camera does not work. Starting on the largest primary feathers- light tan almost translucent tips(like 1/2 of the entire feather) with a thin dark brown spot/line then the rest of the feather is TAN(definitely tan I looked at it twice) then he major coverts feathers? (I looked it up I was going to call them secondary feathers-the ones on top of the primary ones anyway) are buff and the shoulder feathers are the same as the primaries only smaller-light tan tip, brown spot, then dark tan. I also have a Buff Brahma but she has darker feathers overall. This chick was solid yellow and it has foot feathers/fluff it is also the same size and looks to be the same carriage as my buff brahma.

There is clearly no white or black

Is this what a light brahma chick does-grown in buff/brown then turn white/black? I have only ever had had one other light brahma chick before but it was so long ago I don't really remember.

Last edited:
Sorry computer is acting up.
Yeah right.
lol.png

Wait, are you serious?
hmm.png

I now have 12 Brahmas!

Last edited:
I was first going to "quote" brahmabreeders period, and make some smart ***** comment about how I base all my daily, and long term decisions on that very principle. Then I got to thinking, can you go back and edit posts? A real smart ***** could go and make me look even more foolish than normal, and I surely don't need any help in that department. So in my best Emily Litella voice, never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom