Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have 3 colors of Brahmas. Adore these birds. My LBs are the calmest most ppl oreintated birds i ever met. Am so impressed.
So Hatched out 4 Palomino Bantam Brahma eggs 3 days ago..
Thought the pic of this color were so pretty but dont know a THING about them.

Wonder... ARE they sex linked? Some are yellow and some dark or medium brown and yellow.asked the breeder but he hasnt responded.
Any information on them any place i can read more about them ?
Where did the color come from. A cross of what?..Buff and LB?
So curious
.Also how big will a bantam Brahma get.?
The breeder said as big as a "regular" sized chicken.
These are my first Bantams. Below Day3 Sorry pic came out yellow.

Day1

Last edited:
Hey everyone, Im new to the site here and just saw this thread and thought id post some pictures of our standard brahmas me and my father raise.
Thanks
Don

Don
I want to thank you for the nice photos.
Love these closeups of the Brahmas.
Most photos are in pens and you dont get such a good look,I am no pro at all on chickens but yours look really pretty to me..Thanks.
buff brahma hen

dark pullet

another dark pullet

dark rooster

another dark rooster

light hen

Thanks for looking thats just a few picture of our birds they dont look the greatest since i cant take very good pictures haha
Don

If you can get birds from a breeder (take it from someone who spent the better part of his life raising hatchery birds) you don't want to 50 years later get some good quality birds and wonder why you wasted a half century. Breeder quality Brahmas are indeed gentle giants, you will fall in love with them.
I so much agree.I know from raising dogs...Start with the best you can afford .YOu wont ever be sorry
I have 3 Light hens who are very sweet calm hatchery birds. Then hatched out some show quality LB for someone and kept 2..
The personailties from day 1 ofcshow type hatch of all10 were not fligity at all but super friendly.I see why they are used often for shows.
I could pick them up and touch them from day one and no flightiness or fear at all.
Now at 4 months old they are just as calm
They took to me as if they were puppies. Made Brahmas my VERY favoirite breed..
However i have a silver laced and a gold laced that arent as calm. AT ALL....and i hatched them out too.
Gues its what they are crossed with that makes them calm or not.or maybe its the line.Still in general they are known for a really gentle nature and wellworth geting Plus very cold hatdy. I ahve read.

did you send a post to where you purchased? No idea, but I love the red too!
Wifetoabirdman...Sorry quoted Sallys post....
My Light Brahmas were all pure yellow and turned white witrh black on their neck (below at 6 weeks)
My buffs are lighter than your chick. .
Yours looks red.if the pic isnt color enhanced..
Sorry Dont have one of the Buff at this age Only as new babies. but they werent ever that tred.
Hum... yours might be some cross.It is a nice color though.
.By the way if you have a few you can tell the roos from pullets i think by the size of their combs Here at 6 weeks i could tell the girls were lighter and smaller and boys started to get more pink. at 6 weeks girlstayed pretty pale pink like this.
Roos bigger( Pullet in front Roo in back i)
Im no expert pretty newto chickens but so far the combs color and size worked pretty well for me except for my BR!!.The females have pretty large combs. later.

He is a handwasher. He just loves to be with the chickens and since they have known him from the start he is like family to them. Brahmas are the best!

Thanks :) The eggs are still in the incubator but when I candled there was no movement. :( lockdown was scheduled for the 14th (tomorrow) so I guess I'll try to be hopeful. I'll give an update (if) anything happens in the positive.
14th? u mean 18th?

Beautiful Brahmas everyone!  Unfortunately I'm about 99% positive that I did indeed lose all of my eggs.  Somehow the temp spiked to 103 for some hours (when I was sleeping) so there goes that idea.  I'll be okay with my NJ and easter eggers.  I might try again next year for the Brahma pullet.

Im sure your eggies are fine. Keep incubating. I gauruntee you should still get a good hatch percentage. Good hatching vi es sent your way! ;)

Sally I'm sure what was meant by the 14th is the date as today is the thirteenth. The eggs were probably set around October 27th.

Sally I'm sure what was meant by the 14th is the date as today is the thirteenth. The eggs were probably set around October 27th.
Yea, I thought about that after I submitted it, lol but my little one distracted me and I forgot to edit it!
hide.gif
Follow too many threads and try to read as fast as I can....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom