Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott H.....it's very wet and very muddy here in Wales with snow in the winter. The feet feathers get a bit dirty, but never had a problem with snowballs etc on the feet.

Wantbantams.....just be sure that your little boy gets used to washing his hands after each petting to eradicate potentially harmful bacteria.

Scott H.....it's very wet and very muddy here in Wales with snow in the winter. The feet feathers get a bit dirty, but never had a problem with snowballs etc on the feet.

Wantbantams.....just be sure that your little boy gets used to washing his hands after each petting to eradicate potentially harmful bacteria.

Thank you for answering my question. I live next to a lake so the soil is sand/rock, not much mud. But we get lots of snow!

still looking for Lf light Brahma hatching eggs from potentially show quality Birds, I'm having a problem with mine coming out with too many black feathers so would like some new blood, would need them shipped to San Diego if you have any available please let me know
thanks

Hey all, went to the Ohio National and really looked at some nice Brahma Large and Bantams in the show and in the sale area.

Had a nice talk with Don Emery and he seems to be progressing real well. I had not seen him in several years. Got to meet Mr Stewart from Canada, nice man. Sandy was her same old self. Kendra and Kim had a real nice groups of Brahma in Bantam and Large fowl. Didn't stay for the Breed winners but Kim and Kendra won first with a real nice cockerel

Beautiful Brahmas everyone! Unfortunately I'm about 99% positive that I did indeed lose all of my eggs. Somehow the temp spiked to 103 for some hours (when I was sleeping) so there goes that idea. I'll be okay with my NJ and easter eggers. I might try again next year for the Brahma pullet.

Beautiful Brahmas everyone! Unfortunately I'm about 99% positive that I did indeed lose all of my eggs. Somehow the temp spiked to 103 for some hours (when I was sleeping) so there goes that idea. I'll be okay with my NJ and easter eggers. I might try again next year for the Brahma pullet.
Don't give up the ship! My incubator thermometer yesterday said 105!!! I'm not sure how long it was this hot, but I have chicks hatching this morning, so there's always hope.

DONT toss them!! they can tolerate more than you would think!!! We lost electric for a week with SANDY and I just had a 100% hatch from my local eggs in a newly made cooler bator as well!!!

The link to the hatch is in my signature "cooler bator 101" we had to set the bator next to the coal stove to keep it warm, and I need to sleep so at times the spike went to 105! and I have no clue its length. The chicks hatched on day 18/19 drying off as I type this! but THEY HATCHED!!! pics there too...and I have 20 total partridge, light, dark bramah and 1 polish and a tiny suprise egg is a leghorn bantam, SOOOO CUTE too!

IF YOU HAVE NOT read this link.... its worth the check out, alot of details on temp of eggs even though the title doesnt really suggest as much, lol

http://www.brinsea.com/customerservice/poweroff.html

Last edited:
I agree with the others. Keep going with the hatch. I once had a hatch of barnevelders in a bread pan filled with moistened wood shavings sitting in front of the fireplace. A storm had knocked out the electricity. Four of twelve hatched. Also while egg temps above 102 are lethal, it would take some time for a 103 degree incubator to raise the egg temp that high. Egg temp may have not come close. Good luck and give an update. We're all curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom