Brahmas? Or Orpingtons?

I'm also thinking those chicks aren't from those hens. 

Where are you located? Those aren't colors I'm used to seeing in Orps. 
I'm in North Central Texas. I did some research and found that any partridge colorings in Orpingtons aren't recognized as breed standard. Which is what she is telling me they are. blue/gold partridge and red/gold partridge is what she's calling them. Of course, I've now read that they should have slate gray legs too. But what about buff Orpingtons? They have yellow legs?

All Orpingtons, regardless of plumage coloring, should have white legs/skin. Yellow skin is a major disqualification, meaning that a bird with yellow skin would not be considered an Orpington at all.
The picture posted shows a Blue Partridge Orpington and a Silver Penciled Orpington. Neither are showable varieties.
The Brahma look like Partridge, which is also not a showable variety.
The birds pictured are outstanding in terms of conformation. But those birds are not the parents of either of your mystery chicks.

All Orpingtons, regardless of plumage coloring, should have white legs/skin. Yellow skin is a major disqualification, meaning that a bird with yellow skin would not be considered an Orpington at all.
The picture posted shows a Blue Partridge Orpington and a Silver Penciled Orpington. Neither are showable varieties.
The Brahma look like Partridge, which is also not a showable variety.
The birds pictured are outstanding in terms of conformation. But those birds are not the parents of either of your mystery chicks. 
Looking the chicks I was sold, some have the white skin, but most are yellow. Do you think they are Americana (the mixed breed kind, not the Ameraucana) chicks?

Looking the chicks I was sold, some have the white skin, but most are yellow. Do you think they are Americana (the mixed breed kind, not the Ameraucana) chicks?
No such thing as Americana. There are Ameraucana, Araucana, and misrepresented Easter Eggers. Three different things. Easter Eggers aren't really mixed breeds at all. They just haven't been bred to meet a specific standard. But no, I don't think any of them are Easter Eggers either. They are probably just barnyard mutts.

Back
Top Bottom