breakfast @ Katy's house

I just
love.gif
cows
smile.png
We only have 8, but I still enjoy going out to "visit" with them-my husband thinks I'm strange, talking to them, scratching their heads, etc
gig.gif

Quote:
Sara...that isn't even all of them.....just what's in that pen and can fit at that feed bunk!

I love my cows....I wish we had pasture for more. I've tried for years to convince the hubby we need to plant some of the farm ground back to grass to expand our herd.

It's a lot compared to me. We only have 10, and that's probably over the maxed out amount. Oh well, I guess we are lucky to have any at all.
smile.png
Thanks for sharing your pictures! Beautiful!

Neat pictures. Ive always thought if I can ever get my horse numbers down, and need something to keep the grass down, that Id like to get a few calves to raise and sell. I have a large cattle farm across from me, I really enjoy watching them.

Oh Katy those are GREAT!!!! I love them! The cows are what I miss about taking online classes. I don't get to go and visit the school's herd.

How many head do you have?

Last edited:
Quote:
We have pasture for 60-65 pairs, so that's where we try and keep our numbers. We keep the replacement heifers here at home for the summer so that number varies from year to year.

Nice to see the hereford influence on your herd.
smile.png
Yours are the same variations of color that we have on our farm, too (true hereford red, black baldies, and some of the tan w/white faces). Thanks for sharing... I just love cows...
love.gif

Are you calving now or are they bred for spring calving?

Quote:
We basically calve starting end of february/beginning of March.

There's really not much hereford blood in our herd anymore. We ran Simmental bulls for 30+ years and switched over to Angus bulls about 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom