Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law

Not without asking. Well, at lest here they can only knock on the door and ask you. Thy can not trespass.
If that were true, everyone would have privacy fences and animals in town and the town couldn't do a thing about it, rendering the codes void. But it is not true. I have worked in municipal code enforcement. There may be some preliminary expectation to knock and talk, but if there is still evidence of a violation, they will just return with law enforcement to investigate and then take appropriate enforcement action. Fences are not magical barriers.

Not so fast, you can have chickens. As for counting the chickens there is no reason to look over the fence and to do so get a warrant or you better ask. There are still places in the United States that respect your rights.

Sounds like the minimum to have any chickens is one acre. He has one-third of an acre. He can't have any chickens until the code is changed. Unfortunate, but he must first re-home his birds and then start the lengthy process of trying to change the code. Or he could move, with the chickens, to a bigger place. Best wishes.

Sorry i must be confused with another thread or code where anyone can have 2-4 but a full acre to keep ten. I don't care for home owns association or city codes. If you own the land its ours do what you want. A large breed dog is more of a nuisance than a few hens. If you can be on your property and show how your neighbor is disturbing you fine. But get a warrant to go looking. You want to up hold laws don't go breaking them to do it.

Troll alert. ;)

"Schroedinger's A**hole" describes this perfectly.

To OP: I suggest you send a letter to the code inforcement and request a reasonable extension of the time limit so you can find a legitimate placement for them. If possible, ask the SPCA for something to include with your letter giving their estimate of a reasonable time to rehome a flock responsibly so they are not mistreated or used for COCK FIGHTING. If they (code) are responsible, they will understand you want to comply but not create a problem for a different department.

Not so fast, you can have chickens. As for counting the chickens there is no reason to look over the fence and to do so get a warrant or you better ask. There are still places in the United States that respect your rights.
Not so fast: The OP apparently doesn't have enough land for one chicken. No warrant is needed for that for code enforcement. You do not know what you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom