Breastfeeding in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
tongue2.gif
I think a lot of us have learned to let most of it roll off of our backs. After all... there will always be those that criticize. We are human after all.... sometimes I think the ability to criticize is what sets us apart from the animals.
hmm.png

I think this thread has remained mostly non-aggressive... which is nice to see. So many threads have been getting shut down once opposition sets in.

I know what's best for my babies......

You know what's best for yours.....

And those that don't even have them...... well, you can look or not look. You can agree or disagree. You can find it wonderful and nurturing or offensive and vulgar. It's ok, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. JUST because we have opinions on something doesn't mean we should take action to change it. Breastfeeding a baby is NOT an opinion. Feeding a baby when it needs to be fed, regardless of surroundings is NOT an opinion. Finding it offensive, un-lady-like or inappropriate IS.

Circumcision!!!!!!!!!! OMG! (playfully "snip snip") OOOOOOOO OUCH!

You all have good debates going on in this forum!!!! Good to see different reactions and ideals here!

This all started about a woman that just "plopped it out." My understanding is that very, very few women use this technique in public places. None of the women I've known in my life have done this and I've only heard of a few people seeing women that just opened their entire shirt up. I believe in one case they said they could even see the other breast! Well, ok!
lol.png
Those women and the people that think all breast feeding should be totally in private seem to be in the minority. The vast majority of women breast feed in public discreetly and I think the majority of people don't have a problem with it.

I'm not going to make any comments about anything they do in Europe or what's normal there. Hey! Let's all stop shaving! OK, I couldn't help it!
lol.png

Quote:
Scratching your junk (uncovered) in pub lick is a crime and should be
treated as such.. so I find it hard to make a comparison.

Aren't there dozens of forums on the internet that deal exclusively with this topic?
For those very interested in this topic, they might be fun to visit.

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
For effect? Absolutely!

Cause: Baby hungry; baby cries

Effect: Baby gets feds; baby stops being hungry and crying

I am discreet and incredibly modest, but I would breastfeed where ever and whenever my child(ren) needed to eat, but I very rarely fed them in the bathroom. I definitely wasn't trying to accomplish anything other than feed my child. I definitely wasn't trying to attract a man.
hu.gif

I'm a woman, but it excites me when I see a woman breastfeeding. NO! Not like that! In a, I hardly ever see it way! I am always sure to go up and give them kudos, too!

So the minute your baby cried, you immediatley started to feed it? Only you believe that. You can't go somewhere private to feed your baby? What if a man decided he wanted to take out his genitial and scratch it in public, you would be OK w/that? After all it's natural...... Asher you were proud of the fact that you breast fed and wanted the world to see it..........at least deal w/reality.

I'm not against breast feeding (as I had to convince my wife and her family to do it), it just doesn't need to be done in public.

Men scratch or "adjust" themselves in public all the time...they just do it through their clothing. When's the last time you watched a ballgame without someone adjusting......can't get any more public than a televised game! Sorry I'd rather see another mom breastfeeding!

Men scratching themselves is a sure sign of Cro-Magnon or ape sydrome popping up...all normal for almost all men to do so! Surely it would look funny if they rub their backs against a pole at the mall or them walking with some squiggly walking LOL
lol.png

Quote:
I was simply saying what I don't like to see. I'm not sure how the fact that you've never seen something is relevant to how I feel about the things *I* have seen (or the extreme manner in which I choose to describe them).

Umm.. I guess it's cool that you're alright with looking at other peoples boobs. I don't care for it. (And I'm very tactful in pretending I don't notice.)

If you have indeed seen full frontal nudity and moms gleeflully slinging about their breasts while they are breastfeeding their children, you have my apologies.

If you have not seen full frontal nudity and moms gleeflully slinging about their breasts while they are breastfeeding their children, I stand by my statement that you have used extreme language to describe a problem (the fleeting sight of a partially exposed breast...and it WILL be fleeting if you simply look at the woman's face) that is hardly deserving of such extremity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom