Breda Fowl thread

Pics
Haha! Of course you are right! Doh!
So, i lost my BEAUTIFUL blue hen when we had a predator attack. Thankfully, i
my black splashy lady and white splash survived without much harm. I really need to get some pivtures as they are beautiful birds! Do any of you think you will have hatching eggs available in the spring? I would really love to add a few more to our flock, even a roo so i can hatch some f my own eventually:)

Lovely birds!!!! I am hoping to separate my Bredas so I can get some hatching eggs from them this spring, if hey start laying. I would love to get some splashies too.

Is anyone here going to the NEPC show up in MA?
I would like to add some different blood to my young ones and would be interested in a few splash or blue chicks.
I figured I'd ask here.
PM me if you have any or will be at the show.
Thanks

Interested in some blue Bredas. I understand they are LF, but I cant find anything about average weight or size. Can someone tell me about what size a full grown Breda is? Any breed you would compare a Breda too, size wise?

My Breda are a tad larger than my LF polish. The hens are still young but they are not as large as the barred rock or the cuckoo marans though. The roo is big and loud and one of the coolest birds ever.

My Breda are a tad larger than my LF polish. The hens are still young but they are not as large as the barred rock or the cuckoo marans though. The roo is big and loud and one of the coolest birds ever.
Thanks! Saw GF didn't have chicks until after summer, so I am going to watch a few egg auctions.
Thakns RhodeRunner! INot sure why I couldnt find more info on their size when I googled them.

Last edited:
Thanks! Saw GF didn't have chicks until after summer, so I am going to watch a few egg auctions.
Thakns RhodeRunner! INot sure why I couldnt find more info on their size when I googled them.
There is not much information concerning the breed out there, particularly in English. Here is a PDF, that is rather helpful.
http://www.bkuclub.nl/downloads/BredaFowl_May12.pdf

We will be selling hatching eggs and chicks (chicks sold locally) this spring.

Last edited:
We have decided not to follow through with the Breda. We bought Greenfire's imported splash rooster and we like him and his hens. However we have decided to stay with the larger birds as we continue on our journey to retirement. May as well get as much meet on the plate as possible. Additionally since we are south of Houston TX currently the muddy winters just make too big of a mess with the heavily feathered feet of the Breda. We still think they are beautiful birds, very regal looking. The rooster is especially attentive to the hens, calling them to treats etc. We currently manage a dozen breeds and finally admitted to ourselves that going into retirement we have to cut the numbers. We have several blacks, a couple blues, splash hen and roo. Anyone near wanting these let us know, don't think anybody would want to ship half dozen adults. Otherwise they will be hitting the yard with the rest of the assorted egg layers. Not sure the rooster is going to fare very well with all the big Marans running the yard.

Back
Top Bottom