Breda Fowl thread

Here are my new chicks from Waltzs' Ark - they have been here a week now. They are active and seem to be happy and thriving. One little guy is going to be a cross beak, but we'll live with that :)
DSCF6020.JPG
DSCF6020.JPG
DSCF6018 (1).JPG

Attachments

• DSCF6021.JPG
    DSCF6021.JPG
    544.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF6019.JPG
    DSCF6019.JPG
    472.7 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 1462391 I'm now the very proud owner of a very lonely Splash Breda hen.
I just FELL IN LOVE with these at first site!!! Although, there were none for sale at the time of my visit, and probably not till next year or two due to a waiting list. A visit to a reputable breeder for Langshan pullets- and 1 case of mistaken identify -
I felt badly, & offered to exchange her for the "correct" bird. Admiral breeder that she was, declined to say she was mine. (ME JUMPING FOR PURE JOY & EXTREME HAPPINESS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LINE- GRINDING EAR TO EAR!)
OH MY! How MUCH do I love this GORGEOUS girl!
Now?....a husband prospect....

Last edited:
View attachment 1462391 I'm now the very proud owner of a very lonely Splash Breda hen.
I just FELL IN LOVE with these at first site!!! Although, there were none for sale at the time of my visit, and probably not till next year or two due to a waiting list. A visit to a reputable breeder for Langshan pullets- and 1 case of mistaken identify -
I felt badly, & offered to exchange her for the "correct" bird. Admiral breeder that she was, declined to say she was mine. (ME JUMPING FOR PURE JOY & EXTREME HAPPINESS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LINE- GRINDING EAR TO EAR!)
OH MY! How MUCH do I love this GORGEOUS girl!
Now?....a husband prospect....

How lovely to have a Breda! You must get at least one or two more with her! I have one lonely Breda in my little backyard flock and she really should have a similar Breda friend -- they are such unique birds in appearance, personality, temperament. i've gone through 5 Breda in a couple years and have only one left -- a Cuckoo -- and am waiting in line for another Breda. We had 112 and 115 degree heatwave and she weathered it magnificently but I lost one of my Dominiques to heatstroke. So I can vouch that my Cuckoo Breda must be one of the hardier varieties of Breda -- or I've just been lucky after losing 3 other variety Breda hens to low resistance issues. I am looking forward to having another Breda when the breeder projects feel the birds have been developed enough to be a hardier breed. I just LOVE the Breda breed! Since I lost one of my lovely Dominique pullets I have an open vacancy for a Breda and will keep that slot open waiting for one (or two LOL)!

Back
Top Bottom