Breda Fowl thread

Thank you! I know of a few B/B/S breeders but the molted and cuckoo on this post are amazing!! I would love to find some to add to our little flock we are just starting.

Here is one of your young blues today, very excited with how they are growing up! Im so in love with this breed and love reading and learning about them.
20180716_134527_HDR.jpg

@DellaNTuff You got bitten by the Breda bug LOL! They are lovely! Dutch Connection on the East Coast has Cuckoo Breda, @boskelli1571 has Mottled and chicken danz as you know has the Blue Black & Splash. I've ordered all my Breda online and they were shipped to me. The Breda are worth the money but realize how expensive USPS shipping costs are when shipped birds cross the State lines plus the weight of the pullets/cockerels are added to the shipping cost. I have counted every penny worth the cost to have the lovely Breda in my yard!

I am notas impressed by the mottled Bredas as I am by the BBS - don't know why.
Initially they seemed to be very neurotic, but when I culled out a troublesome roo they settled down a lot.
I would offer you a pair but crossing international lines is akin to pushing a rock uphill....the US customs is not helpful.
A friend of mine has a Canadian contact - I will ask her for ya :)

Thank you both!!

And yes as soon as the first one hatched I new they were "the one" I had been poundering for about a year what breed I would like to have pure breed and a nice quality pen of.

Thank you both!!

And yes as soon as the first one hatched I new they were "the one" I had been poundering for about a year what breed I would like to have pure breed and a nice quality pen of.
So, my friend can't help currently, but are you on Facebook? If so there is a group called Breda Fowl Fanciers, I recommend you join. There are folks from all over the world and I know I have seen Canadian posts :)

So, my friend can't help currently, but are you on Facebook? If so there is a group called Breda Fowl Fanciers, I recommend you join. There are folks from all over the world and I know I have seen Canadian posts :)
I am taking the summer off facebook but I will for sure join when I go back on this fall

Canadian breeders include Under the Feather Farm. She has beautiful birds, is in BC. She got them from Breezy Bird Farms in Quebec. There is also Hortsmans Poultry in Manitoba, but I don't know anything about the quality of their stock.

I personally raise and sell blue black splash. I'm in Oregon. I should add that I am rebranding my farm to "Blue Acres."

My BBS are from hatching eggs purchased from under the feather. I don't think she has molted or cuckoo. I haven't been to find anybody yet in canada with google with them 2 just the BBS.

Back
Top Bottom