Breda Fowl thread

Every splash is a diferent bird and a lot of them are just a bit messy, but this is a great bird to look at. And what a great photo too!

Does anyone know how cold hardy this breed is? We've been combing the web for info on this breed and have come up with very little in the way of specifics. Everything seems a little vague on them, even on Feathersite and Greenfires pages about them. We've ended up with four of these little chicks and my son has decided to make a study of them (oh, the joys of homeschooling!) rather than selling them. However, not knowing anything about their hardiness concerns me...

If Breda can survive a Minnesota winter in my unheated, uninsulated barn they won't get to cold in Utah :)

Here's a splash breda.

Paul, how do these guys differ in chick coloration? My last one to hatch was a splash and it looks nothing like any of my splash Ameraucana(the only breed I have in splash) and the color is so rich.
I will try to get a picture in the next few days, crazy schedule...

would the one on the left be a splash? I absolutely LOVE the color of this baby
love.gif

Gotta be a splash. None of the ones we have are that lightly colored--we ended up with all Blue and Black.

yeah, not sure what is going on with the one I wasn't sure about color. I wonder if someone got into the pen? even though it is covered...can't see my breda boys allowing that to happen though
hu.gif

I have 2 that are silver. But they never had that dark splotch on them like your silver chick has. I didn't even know there was a splash breda! We'll see I guess!

Back
Top Bottom