Breda Fowl thread

Pics
Thanks, I didn't want to post any pictures until I knew they were healthy and strong. I just wish more hatched. The dark one seems to be a boy. So if I'm correct I have a pair. But do I mate dark to light?

You can. I asked and someone posted the results of different matings. I will see if I can find it.
found it:
The blue color in the Breda is like most others in that they do not breed true.

Black x Black = 100% black

Black x Blue = 50% black 50% blue

Blue x Blue = 25% black 50% blue 25% splash

Splash x Splash = 100% splash

Splash x Blue = 50% splash 50% blue

Splash x Black = 100% blue

Last edited:

THey are getting so grown up and he has started to crow and is after the ladies now.

Hi All, I have black, blue and splash Breda for sale in the sale forum. They are 3 months old and doing great if anyone is interested. Thanks. Laura.

And, if anyone can tell me how to post photos on the sale forum from my ipad I would be much abliged.

Hi All, I have black, blue and splash Breda for sale in the sale forum. They are 3 months old and doing great if anyone is interested. Thanks. Laura.
And, if anyone can tell me how to post photos on the sale forum from my ipad I would be much abliged.

Why are you selling them? Is it because they are cockerals?

Hi Krista,
They're terrific but I have so many that I need to rehome some. Here are the genders/colors that 'I'm making my best determination"...the ones that haven't grown wattles to show they're boys might turn up later but I'm pretty sure of the genders. I see you have one-did Greenfire send it? They sent a couple in with my first order of Creme Legbars and I fell in love with them.
Thanks,
Laura
7 Black (3 girls/4boys)
5 Splash (4 girls/1 boy)
7 Blues (5 girls/1boy)

Hi Krista,
They're terrific but I have so many that I need to rehome some.  Here are the genders/colors that 'I'm making my best determination"...the ones that haven't grown wattles to show they're boys might turn up later but I'm pretty sure of the genders.  I see you have one-did Greenfire send it?  They sent a couple in with my first order of Creme Legbars and I fell in love with them.
Thanks,
Laura
7 Black (3 girls/4boys)
5 Splash (4 girls/1 boy)
7 Blues (5 girls/1boy)

I got 2 pair of blues from greenfire last year. I am hoping to add some black and splash girls to the pen eventually, probably when I hatch in the spring (dh doesn't want chicks in the house in the winter :( )

Back
Top Bottom