Breed and gender? I think I’m close :)

Ashmarie621

Songster
Jul 16, 2020
Hi everyone!

I got a bunch of mystery bantams at the local feed store a couple months back and this one is the only one of its kind in the bunch. I think I have it narrowed down to a Mille Fleur D’Uccle, or a bearded bantam. It’s tough to tell. Definitely has boots, can’t really tell if it’s bearded/has muffs. Has a comb but very small wattles if any. Side note, this baby was on its death bed last night. Was acting sluggish in the morning and quickly went down hill, tried to get some Corid down but it spit almost all of it back up and eventually couldn’t move much. Thought it was a goner for sure. Put it in the chicken hotel and tried to make it comfy over night, was sure it would pass. This morning however, it was up on its feet and eating! Got some more Corid down and it’s standing and squawking! It’s never made a noise before either, definitely more of a squawk than a crow. Still weak, but a huge improvement. Not out of the woods but I’ve never seen one come back from such a sad state. Fingers crossed it keeps improving! Can anyone help me nail down breed or gender?
7BB537D2-E8A6-4AE1-89BB-6882E48313E5.jpeg
38EA02C6-1615-4674-9743-144EC69C6DDA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom