Ok so im begining to think its about 2 months old. So it cam from an auction and brought to a barn with about 20 other chickens and put in a stall together. I picked it up yesterday thinking its a hen to add to my backyard flock. Its really sweet but it hasn't really toutched its food or water. What can I do bc its been about 80 here. Its comb and waddle are also pale. Please help!
I hope you have it quarantined.
Really pale and not eating is not good.
Have you checked for external parasites?

I'd start with a dose of Sav-a-Chick electrolytes/vitamins.
Can mix up a smaller amount, just wrap the packet tight and store in a dry cool place. Always have plain water available too.
full

Combs pretty small, so I'd say female....probably a Marans mix.

I hope you have it quarantined.
Really pale and not eating is not good.
Have you checked for external parasites?

I'd start with a dose of Sav-a-Chick electrolytes/vitamins.
Can mix up a smaller amount, just wrap the packet tight and store in a dry cool place. Always have plain water available too.
full

Combs pretty small, so I'd say female....probably a Marans mix.
THANK YOU for the breakdown/measurements:wee

So update. I woke up this morning and she had barely toutched food or water. Since she was from the barn and I could see mites I bathed her with some dawn dish soap and a little apple cider vinegar to treat the mites (my own mixture, usually works :p) and blow dried her with warm air, trimmed her beak and put coconut oil on legs for mites. I made her electrolyte water again but have had to use an eye dropper to get it in her. She had labored breathing but since she has been having about 3 tube fulls of the water every 30 mins her breathing is better. Her comb is still really pale and shes not eating much or moving too much. I got her to eat a few drops of applesauce but thats it. Not really pooping much either. She has been quarantined from all other chickens since she has been brought home. Any new tips would help and I appreciate all help you guys have provide with gender and age sickness. :fl:) she is still super sweet. Any foods she might eat? I made her crumble a mash but still nothing. She is also skin and bones:(. (Im referring as a she bc I hope it is). Also she needs a name:D Thank you all!

20190629_222322.jpg
20190629_222328.jpg
20190629_222326.jpg
20190629_222322.jpg
20190629_222328.jpg

This is her after her bath and some electrolyte water this afternoon. She seems to have a bit more energy now, climbing on my lap and chirping and trilling a bit. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Attachments

• 20190629_175957.jpg
    20190629_175957.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190629_222331.jpg
    20190629_222331.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 2
Also I believe she is a French black copper maran because of the leg feathering. Wpuld that explain the red on the wings a bit?

Back
Top Bottom