Breed/Gender of some chickies! ~ ** ( PIC HEAVY! ) ** ~

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    1. Buff Orpington, Hen???
    [​IMG]

2. Buff Orpington, Roo? ( Has weird comb. )
    [​IMG]

3. Breed/Gender? ( I'm thinking EE cause s/he hatched from a green egg. )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Breed/gender? I'm thinking Polish X ...??? ( Has Blue Feet. )
    [​IMG]

5. Frizzled Cochin, Gender/color?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Breed/gender? It's mother was a Grey American Game Hen. So I'm thinking Game X EE???
    [​IMG]

7. Black Tailed White Japanese Bantam. Gender? This lil' thing is almost 2 months old, and she can still fit inside my hand! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Breed/Gender? I know this one is a pullet, because when I pick her up she squats on the ground like she would for a roo. ( Has Blue Feet. )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Breed/Gender? I'm thinking EE pullet because one of my really tiny roos mounted her!! AH! [​IMG] ( Has Dark Green Feet. )
    [​IMG]

10. Breed/Gender? I'm thinking Buttercup X ...?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Breed/Gender? I'm thinking EE cause he hatched from a green egg.
    [​IMG]

12. Breed/Gender? I think s/he is a Porcelain D'uccle X Light Brahma Bantam???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Rooster ... Right? [​IMG] I think he is a White Cochin X Light Brahma? Your Thoughts?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Breed/Gender? Hen???
    [​IMG]

15. Breed/Gender? I think s/he is a Standard Dark Cornish Hen???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Breed? I know this one is a roo, cause he mounted one of my smaller chicks! I'm thinking Game X EE Roo? His mother was a Grey American Game Hen, and he has green legs so ...
    [​IMG]

17. Breed? I'm pretty sure this one is a hen. Any ideas on what breed she is?
    [​IMG]

18. Breed? I'm for sure this one is a roo. Any ideas on what breed he is? I was thinking Buff Orp X EE? I Love His color & Muff!!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]
    ( All the above chicks need a name depending on their genders. [​IMG] If you don't wonna post abunch of names on here, then send me a pm. )

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Did you hatch all of these or did you get some from a hatchery? What are their ages? What kind of comb does the one you believe might be a Buttercup cross look like?

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I hatched all of them out except for three chicks. The Black Tailed White Japanese Bantam.
    The Dark cornish chick.
    and the Frizzled.
    The Buttercup X cross has a " Buttercup " comb. I have two buttercup X cross roos and they both have a Buttercup comb.
    Um, their ages??? They range anywhere from 3 months to 1 month to 2 months? I really dunno? I'll have to go back and check. [​IMG]

4. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    AHHH....so cute! That frizzled chick [​IMG] sorry i don't have any guesses, but beautiful birdies!

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Thanks! [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Anyone going to guess what my chickens are? [​IMG]

7. zDoc

zDoc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Farmington NM
    Nice pics! I've never seen a Frizzled Cochin before, that's a different looking bird. They all seemed to pose nicely for you. I hope someone on here can help you. [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I have a Black Frizzled Roo, so I am really hopeing this one is a hen so I can breed them. [​IMG]

9. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    1- Most likely hen
    2- Looks real like a rooster
    3-looking to be a rooster
    4-Don't know breed but looking to be a hen
    5-Looks like a hen.(get some pictures of all around its head)
    6- Hen
    7- Looks like a hen but I have never had a Japanese chicken so i don't know
    8- She might be a White Rock but I don't think she is with those blue legs
    9- hen
    10- Roster
    11-Kind of looks like a buttercup cross if you do have a butter cup and I think is a he
    12- How old is it? Some of those roosters look like that young and if its 3-4 months then it's a she
    13-yep. Rooster
    14-Henish Wyandotte maybe???? Not 100% sure
    15-henish
    16-he looks eactly like my EE rooster I got form Hoovers but I don't know what he is crossed iwth.
    17- I don't know but she looks ind of like a Campine. But like I said never owned one of them so I might just be tell you a fib haha
    18- Yep definetly a rooster. Looks like a dad Buff Orpington and a EE cross.

If these aint right please don't hunt me down and kill me. [​IMG] Just kiddin. But I think it's still alittle too young for some of them. But alot of them you can tell what they are. Hope this helps and good luck. FF(Dusty)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  10. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    Look looks to me that you have all them right....You have some nice mix I love to have some mix on my place....but one thing you should't breed your frizzles together....you will get chickens with little or no feathers....you should aways breed frizzle to straight feather...You will not get 100% frizzle chicks if you breed frizzle/frizzle......hope this helps...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by