Breed? Hen or Roo?

3boysforme

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
California
I am pretty sure this one is a roo. It looks much different from the other 5 I have which I believe are hens. I bought them from TSC. I was told they were all the same. Obviously this one is a different breed.(I think lol).

Hmmm.....not seeing the picture just yet, but I do believe you mentioned in your other post that they were from the "red pullet" bin at TSC, is that correct? If so, there are several breeds (at least one of which is a hybrid/mixed breed) that are sold in those bins, so a difference in appearance is not surprising.

Sorry guys I'm trying to upload from my phone and it just isn't working for some reason. Hopefully i can figure it out. Yes they were from TSC

I am finally on the computer. Here are my chickens. :)
This white one is the one I think is a roo. And those brownish spots showed up within the last week or two.

All the rest look like these brown ones.

@K Spot a friend of mine who has chickens thought it was a leg horn and said it could still be female. I wasn't sure.

I guess I should mention they're about 7 weeks old. We got them about 6 weeks ago and figured they were about a week old when we bought them.

Back
Top Bottom