Breed? Just plain EE? And what color?

sigmachigirl

Chirping
6 Years
May 21, 2013
Here is a picture of our then 5 month pullet Gracie. She just started squatting for me yesterday, so I know she's a she! Anyway, any thoughts on the breed and what color is she considered? I was told she was an Ameraucana, but I am guessing considering how hard it is to actually know that, that she's better defined as an Easter Egger?

Last edited:
That's a pretty common color of ameraucana. Not sure of the proper name but I would say blue silver duckwing

Thank you! I adore her. When I clean the coop daily, she comes in and watches me and talks up a storm. She's such a good girl. A spaz sometimes, but that just makes her more fun. We love her colors. Lovely blue, clay and rust colors!

I have an ee hen that has the blue-ish tail end like your girl, but the base color is a little different. She's the only remotely blue bird I have in my flock, so I'm pretty sure she's the momma of this beautiful girl.

I was planning on culling the momma, but if she's going to give me chicks like this, she may earn a reprive!

One of the reasons I love Easter eggers--not only do you get colorful eggs, you get colorful birds.

Yes, she's an Easter Eggers. Most hatcheries/stores/people mislabel Easter Eggers as Amerauanas--its very confusing! Pretty bird! I've never seen and Easter Egger colored like her.

Thank you! I got her from a local small breeder. :). I'll have to see if I can get any updated pictures. Or just better pics. AND She just laid her first egg for me this morning! (Happy dance!!) Gorgeous sea glass colored egg. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom