Breed of Geese? Black Goose?

110Organic

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 27, 2012
We recently bought two baby geese, I know that isn't the proper name, anyway, we bought them from a not so nice place to save them, but have no idea what they are...

First one, we have been calling it a 'her' is BLACK bill to toe, she is kind of slender, but black bill and black feet, some lighter fluffy, buy not alot

The second isn't that much of a guess, 'he' is all yellow white, we are thinking Chinese or something based on online pictures.

But we can't find any black babies anywhere online...

We recently bought two baby geese, I know that isn't the proper name, anyway, we bought them from a not so nice place to save them, but have no idea what they are...

First one, we have been calling it a 'her' is BLACK bill to toe, she is kind of slender, but black bill and black feet, some lighter fluffy, buy not alot

The second isn't that much of a guess, 'he' is all yellow white, we are thinking Chinese or something based on online pictures.

But we can't find any black babies anywhere online...
Can you get a picture of her? I'd never heard of any black geese breeds.

Pics please..
caf.gif

Yep, Geese, we have raise both, ducks and geese, in the past from just hatchery stock, but his girl (I did sex her last night and it's a SHE, well I am 90% sure....). I will have to wait to get a picture tonight, unless my husband wants to try and get one, she is living in our spare horse stall and well, very scared as they were not handled

First
welcome-byc.gif
Cant wait to see the pics of the goslings! I have to ask this question though because I see it all the time. Why didnt you ask what kind of waterfowl they were from who you bought them from?And Maybe you still can?
smile.png
Im happy you tried to save them but it kinda helps to know what they are and what they were being fed at the very least. To answer your question on what it could be till you post a pic. It could be a type of a Canadian goose,brant goose,barnacle goose ( these are considered ' black geese' sometimes) or could even be a black swan.No matter what it is, good luck with them.

Last edited:
How big is she? There are Brent Geese that an almost whole black body, they are smaller though like a mallard and come from the UK.

Maybe its not and a swan? LOL there are black swans.

Otheriwse I am sure you have some mixed breed goose that got lucky being all black :)

How big is she? There are Brent Geese that an almost whole black body, they are smaller though like a mallard and come from the UK.

Maybe its not and a swan? LOL there are black swans.

Otheriwse I am sure you have some mixed breed goose that got lucky being all black :)

Sometimes if the post are a few minutes apart it doesnt show up right off LOL! Ive had that happen before. And yes that would be really cool if she got a mix or gene for all black!

We will have to see photos.

There are no black domestic geese in the USA.

There is a black wild goose in Australia. Unless you are located in Australia, I doubt that you got one of those.

Well, I guess I should qualify that. Muscovies come in black and they are actually a sort of goose and not really a duck.

Back
Top Bottom