Breed of laying hen-?

Ah. Makes SO much more sense. The EE is NOT a male and is laying the blue eggs. The other bird is not yet at POL and is a partridge rock.
My best friend (she has like 25 chickens) vented them and said he was definitely a rooster but we can revent again, and “he’s” been honking like he’s wanting to crow

My mom said she saw nugget which is the Plymouth laying on the egg, so I’m not sure if she just wanted to sit down-?

My best friend (she has like 25 chickens) vented them and said he was definitely a rooster but we can revent again, and “he’s” been honking like he’s wanting to crow

My mom said she saw nugget which is the Plymouth laying on the egg, so I’m not sure if she just wanted to sit down-?
Yeah, vent sexing should only be done by professionals. If she is considering "reventing" at this age, she has no idea what she is doing. Not trying to attack her, its just not how it works. At this age, there are so many other safe ways to sex.

Post more pictures of the EE. From what I can see, she has a female-specific pattern and no male specific feathering. The Partridge rock doesn't look mature enough to be laying.

Yeah, vent sexing should only be done by professionals. If she is considering "reventing" at this age, she has no idea what she is doing. Not trying to attack her, its just not how it works. At this age, there are so many other safe ways to sex.

Post more pictures of the EE. From what I can see, she has a female-specific pattern. The Partridge rock doesn't look mature enough to be laying.
5BFD945C-7ECB-41BE-AB63-F34975005F5D.jpeg
8547BC7B-AB9C-4032-ACE2-E8A6F0862247.jpeg
0A7AEB7D-5D69-474F-8CB2-A830784AB148.jpeg
0E4BA41D-09B7-45FB-AD67-DF634504A33C.jpeg
687BD2E5-B87B-4A43-85EF-C90C2FF47397.jpeg

Post more pictures of the EE. From what I can see, she has a female-specific pattern and no male specific feathering. The Partridge rock doesn't look mature enough to
Looks very much like a pullet to me
Kinda makes me sad, was really hoping it’d be a rooster, but I have 5 silkie x leghorn mixes that are 2 weeks so I’m sure I’m bound to have at least one rooster. (I know I have a long wait) I guess I’ll have to call him Mrs. Colonel ? Because she responses to it

Kinda makes me sad, was really hoping it’d be a rooster, but I have 5 silkie x leghorn mixes that are 2 weeks so I’m sure I’m bound to have at least one rooster. (I know I have a long wait) I guess I’ll have to call him Mrs. Colonel ? Because she responses to it
You will for sure have some males in the next lot :)

You will for sure have some males in the next lot :)
Oh definitely, the mom is a white leghorn x blue silkie and the dad is pure white silkie, they where hatched feb 22. And boy do they have a personality

Attachments

• 78E74497-D8D4-474C-9AD4-7776137F67C2.jpeg
    78E74497-D8D4-474C-9AD4-7776137F67C2.jpeg
    568.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 946B4007-E1A5-4DD8-B652-654A4CC988DD.png
    946B4007-E1A5-4DD8-B652-654A4CC988DD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

The “honking” is likely just her egg song.

Back
Top Bottom