Breed on this 4 week old?

lutherpug

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014
Kansas City Area
I have no idea what breed this chicken is-

I had a delivery of ten sexed pullets that arrived as day old chicks. 5 of them were not obvious to me upon arrival-4 EE and a silver penciled rock. One died at a few days old and I'm reasonably certain that was one of the EE. The problem is, of the 4 remaining I only have 1 with the telltale greenish legs. I *think* I know which one is the silver penciled rock at this point and I'm guessing another one is an EE.... this is the one that I'm baffled by. I have no idea.... anyone have an EE that looked like this as a chick?

Also, if anyone has any pics of a silver penciled rock chick about this age....

IMG_6840.JPG IMG_6839.JPG

The original order was for a welsummer, splash maran, leghorn, australorp, austra white, 4 EE, silver penciled rock, and a buff orpington. 11 original, 1 died. I am certain about the welsummer, splash maran, leghorn, austra white, australorp and BO-it is the other 4 that I'm questioning. I need to look closer for signs of muffs and beards but it is not at all obvious from a distance. Only one has greenish legs. The rose comb on this one is throwing me off as well, otherwise I would have assumed it was a BCM or another australorp. These were from MPC. I've had them make substitutions (or mistakes) before on breed but on this specific hatch they called me when one of my breeds didn't hatch out (how I ended up with the Rock, original order was for an exchequer) so it is hard for me to imagine they would have called about one sub but neglected to mention another. I'm happy with the chick either way, I just have no clue who she is!

Are you sure that's a rose comb? They're generally pretty wide, as well as wedge-shaped. Though it could just be the angle, I'm seeing pea. There's so much variation within Easter Eggers. :)

That said, I have a bantam EE with a rose comb. It's certainly possible. :D

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom