Breed?

Do you have a picture in plain light? They don't need a heat lamp anymore
It's still really cold here at night so I put the lamp on then. Why do they not like being outside??!

Attachments

• IMG-20180414-WA0030.jpg
    IMG-20180414-WA0030.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20180407-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20180407-WA0004.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 4
Haha, cuties! They're in that super awkward phase. Sorry about the heat lamp comment, I thought you had them in a brooder inside

What do they do when you try to get them outside? They're still fluffy, so maybe they're just cold?

They go just barely outside and sit there. I have a tunnel to a large chicken run where I've made them a pond. I'm just not sure how to get them through the tunnel to find it short of sending my 4 year old through the tunnel after them haha. And no worries on the heat lamp comment I'm new to all of this!

Well you could try sending your 4 yr old through dropping meal worms behind him that may get them motivated. If you go to the other end and shake a can of goodies maybe that would get them through

Easy to sex them now. If they have developed their voices, Hens Quack loud and Drakes have Raspy voices.
Cute Ducklings...
One definitely quacks, the other (the bigger) squeaks. It's not raspy it's a duckling squeak still but the other has quacked for weeks now. Could I maybe have one Drake? They both have black spots on the tip of their beaks

One definitely quacks, the other (the bigger) squeaks. It's not raspy it's a duckling squeak still but the other has quacked for weeks now. Could I maybe have one Drake? They both have black spots on the tip of their beaks
Hmmm? Possibly..If voices are just changing wait a bit longer...

Back
Top Bottom