Breed?

Cklass90

Chirping
Mar 16, 2018
Can someone help me with what breed these are. The store said they had black Indian runners, buffs and pekin. They're obviously not runners. They seem to have too much cooor variation for pekin, so are they buffs or is the store wrony (they didn't sound sure at all). Also any guess on gender yet? So hard to tell with the red light but I think the one behind is possibly male and in front female? The one behind has a darker beak

Attachments

• IMG_20180320_190224_948.jpg
    IMG_20180320_190224_948.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 31
100% Welsh Harlequin ducklings. :)
Oo actually I think this does make the most sense. I see what they're saying about runners but they were very wary so we'r standing as high as they could. Anyway according to wiki you can tell them apart sex wise and I think I'm right. There's the dark bill male and then a female with a lighter beak and a black spot on the tip of it. Oh dear and apparently they are broody. I see a ton of ducklings in my future!!!

Haha, cuties! They're in that super awkward phase. Sorry about the heat lamp comment, I thought you had them in a brooder inside

What do they do when you try to get them outside? They're still fluffy, so maybe they're just cold?

Well you could try sending your 4 yr old through dropping meal worms behind him that may get them motivated. If you go to the other end and shake a can of goodies maybe that would get them through

Easy to sex them now. If they have developed their voices, Hens Quack loud and Drakes have Raspy voices.
Cute Ducklings...
One definitely quacks, the other (the bigger) squeaks. It's not raspy it's a duckling squeak still but the other has quacked for weeks now. Could I maybe have one Drake? They both have black spots on the tip of their beaks

Back
Top Bottom