breeders or hatcheries that sell Red Star chicks in So California

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Gardenpig, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Gardenpig

Gardenpig Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    OC
    I need a Red Star chick from a local breeder or hatcher in the southern california area. Specifically in the Orange County area. Where do they have these? I found one in Vista but those wont be in until july. Thank you!

2. NewHen

NewHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Quote:I got a Golden Sex link from Kahoots in Chatsworth. I don't know if there's a Kahoots near you. Have you tried calling to local feedstores?

3. Gardenpig

Gardenpig Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    OC
    I just went to blue hill farms in ventura! haha it was a bit of a road trip!! But it was worth it for my lovely red star!!!
    [​IMG]

4. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
  5. LAFreewayChickens

LAFreewayChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Our "Gold Stars" (RIRxRIW) are from Blue Hill, too.

6. Mac84

Mac84 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2013
    Studio City, CA
    HI! I'm interested in 5 red star pullets! how can I get them from you?

7. cgoodloe

cgoodloe Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2010
    Clovis
    If you have a local feed store, ask them. Red Stars are also called Golden Comets, Golden Sex Links, etc. However, the parentage is different from each breeder. Personally I liked the Red Stars I got from mypetchicken.com. They were super quiet and friendly although one of them liked to peck my leg and charge me because I didn't give her a treat when she wanted it but she also knocked on the patio door daily so it was normal for her to act weird. I got some Golden sex links here in Fresno at the feed store last year and they were very very similar but noisier which was disappointing.

Carla

8. locoguru

locoguru Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    I picked some up at W W feed in hemet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by