Breeding Aseels

Pics
First round of embryos that contains the Aseel is about 75% hatched. Zero Aseels so far. American Dominiques and Missouri Domininques have been consistently faster than my American Games. American Games just starting to hatch.
Is different rates of hatching of different breeds caused by egg size

Two out of 8 Aseel eggs hatched. Fertility issue part of problem (about half) and balance stopping after sorted as developing via candling. The 2 chicks stand out like sore thumbs among the American Dominique chicks representing 90% of hatch. Smaller size, no white / yellow on head, black beak, erect posture, and pea comb all evident at hatch.

Still shooting for ten so I can keep two pullets and a stag.

Maybe it’s more a development thing instead of egg size. It seems to me some breeds slower while others faster, so maybe the oriental games take a bit longer in egg because they mature a bit slower? I am nervous as heck about the one long tail I have incubating cross fingers everything goes right this time. The mini Ayam is doing great it is so tiny but healthy. Found a supplier of wheat and paddy rice finally.

M
Maybe it’s more a development thing instead of egg size. It seems to me some breeds slower while others faster, so maybe the oriental games take a bit longer in egg because they mature a bit slower? I am nervous as heck about the one long tail I have incubating cross fingers everything goes right this time. The mini Ayam is doing great it is so tiny but healthy. Found a supplier of wheat and paddy rice finally.
Mine are going to be fed an 18% CP chick starter supplemented with live insects.

Earliest my JFH ever came was one popped out on day 16 and most of rest pipped that night. I hadn’t begun lockdown at that time but they were fine. Now I do lockdown on day 15 for the JFH.

I locked my aseel down this morning at the beginning of the 18th day. Curious to see if I have any pipping when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom