Breeding Aseels

Looks like to of my younger brooder reared "Aseels" are actually a cross between Aseel stag and gray toppy hen. Pullet I knew to be cross all along owing to marks on her from hatch and well developed topknot. Stag is showing a much less obvious topknot and has grey feathers coming through. If he has grey color, has to be male. My boy is very happy to get his hybrid.

Multiple battles involving Aseels today. First the lone stag got into it with his older sister today. My female English Shepherd went over to bite at them a bit when they buckled. After I bit before real damage I picked stag and replaced with his brood mates. An hour or so later he got into it an American Game stag that was three days younger. The American put a whooping on him before momma Aseel came over. American sassed her for a moment or two before backing down. She is about 4 times his weight.

The Aseel cross stag got into it with several American Dominique cockerels. He whipped each one in turn until male English Shepherd got involved.

It was a butt kicking day all around.

A couple Aseels produced they best flight I have seen from them yet, a good 75 feet, with afterburners on the whole way. No trimmed out flight and very much a straight line.

An Aseel cross stag got into a scrap with and American Game stag from the brooder reared batch currently in raised outdoor pen. Fight started when the group was released to forage until dark. Aseel cross stag rapid inflicted damage of sort I do not see with American on American. Method is very much related to power of bite. The Aseels may not be fast, but they bite very hard even as part of a cross. The also appear to have tougher skin on the head. Big difference to me. Now trying to cool everyone down. We are nearly 90 degrees here.

The Aseels show far more pen fidelity than than the American Games or American Dominiques. When I move the pens, the Aseels return to correct pen the very first night when moved a very short distance or a very long distance, and when the pen is moved a few tens of feet. The others are like honey bees, you can move them a foot or so or I have to move more than a hundred yards to get the birds to stay with pen in new location. The honey bee comparison not completely good as you have to move them several miles to get so they know new location immediately without trying to go back to old. The Aseels seem to be more concerned about the pen, than is outright location. Location important, but not as important.

does anyone know what this Aseel is called I was told it was Asil cossani. And Does any one have any hens for sale.
08ECB0F7-F790-4DC5-A74A-BA7F39570C20.png

My cock above got hammered by frost bite and will likely loose most if not all of his right foot. During recovery he has been moved inside to be a house shicken (play on words). Floor easy to clean. He super tame and yet to attack any mirrors or trash cans, nor has he gone down stairs. I am watching his offspring closely for similar issues. The Aseels are not as smart about conserving heat when compared to the American Games that stay on wooden surfaces, get out of wind and stay in sun.

Poor bird has to eat this crap I made from leftovers. Is about 25% cooked rice. Big brown things are chunks of dog food.
IMG_0612.JPG

Despite damage to foot he tried to roost on my keyboard, which I did not allow.
IMG_0602.JPG

Back
Top Bottom