Breeding bantam cochin.

K&H Chicken Farm

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Redding CA
My little girl has decided that she wants to raise/show Bantam Cochin. She has picked out Partridge, Golden Laced, Mottled (I wanted her to go with blue
sad.png
)and of course Frizzled. (She has a roo and hen now of the white.)
Now the question is should I have her pick just one color or build smaller coops and runs for her and let her keep them as breeding quartets.?
Shelly and BearBear (7 y/o)

K&H Chicken Farm :

My little girl has decided that she wants to raise/show Bantam Cochin. She has picked out Partridge, Golden Laced, Mottled (I wanted her to go with blue
sad.png
)and of course Frizzled. (She has a roo and hen now of the white.)
Now the question is should I have her pick just one color or build smaller coops and runs for her and let her keep them as breeding quartets.?
Shelly and BearBear (7 y/o)

Maybe you guys could agree on something like Mottled Blue Cochins. I have three hens and I just adore them.​

If you want you can email me with anything you might need to know about Cochins. And to answer your question(s), you need to keep them seperate by color if you want to show. And to be honest, there are very little to no show worthy Golden Laced Cochin Bantams. And Partridge is a very hard color to find to be able to show and to breed. Mottled is a fairly common color in the show room but the color is difficult to breed as well. And you will probably not find any Frizzles in Golden Laced and Partridge, if so they wont be worthy of being shown, you will have to work with them tremendously. I would stick with simple colors like Black, White, Blue, or Mottled or Blue Mottled. They are easier to find if you want to show and they all come in frizzles as well and they are easier to breed. If you need anything just let me know.

~Casey

I'm reviving this old thread, because I'm trying to find Casey's website. Every time I click on links for it or enter its URL, I get a "you don't have permission to access this site" error message.

I'd love to learn more about bantam cochins, and Casey is not too far from me. Casey or anyone else, does anyone have a new URL for the "Meadowlark Cochin Bantams" web site?

That site isnt running anymore. I need to change it but keep forgetting. I did make a page about them, but if you guys have any questions just let me know and I will answer them the best I can.

~Casey

Back
Top Bottom