Breeding for Chicks

I've heard really bad things about the first one you posted so I would steer clear of that one. The other I'm not familiar with.

You could check IncubatorWarehouse.com and see what they have in your price range :)

Another option is to make your own. You can find lots of variations on here and they're really cheap. All you need is some sort of cooler or old mini fridge/wine cooler or something, can even be Styrofoam cooler, a computer fan or two, a light bulb or two, wafer (for temperature, i think that's what it's called, you can get it from the hovabator website), and I think a thermometer and hygrometer (temperature and humidity).

@Sally Sunshine has good info on it I think

The best value incubator on the market is the Incuview. I suggest purchasing directly from Incubator Warehouse so you get the outstanding customer service and 1st year guarantee. Hens only go broody once or twice a year, and most can only cover about 8 to 10 eggs at a time. Having an incubator on hand frees you to incubate whenever you want to. Just keeping the rooster with the hens is enough to ensure fertility. Once a hen starts laying consistently, you can collect for hatching. Store eggs fat end up, and they remain viable for about 2 weeks at room temp.

Back
Top Bottom