Breeding Project :I have questions!

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
This is going to sound crazy but yesterday I was looking at my beautiful BLRW chicks. And I was like. "Hmm Pink chicks with white lacing would be beautiful. I could call them Rosepetal Wyandottes' I laughed it off, but as I got to thinking. Maybe I could breed such a thing. I'm not really knowledgable about genetics. But I was thinking it might be possible to lighten a BLRW's red enough to give it the appearance of pink. And just breeding splash a few times makes the lacing nearly white. So now, I have a new goal! I will make pink wyandottes some day! Anyway I have various colors of chickens, but right now I am overloaded so I'm not allowed to buy anymore. But out of my current colors would it be possible to begin advancing towards pink? Right now I'm just aiming to lighten the red, without turning it orange.

I have Buff Orps.
BLRW, GLW, SLW
Pardrige Cochin
Golden, Silver, Buff, White Polish
Light Brahma
Rhode Island Red
EE

I was thinking perhaps with Light Brahmas or Buff witha few generation I could get a 'pinker' color.

So whats everyone think? Anyone have any ideas? Also if anyone has pictures of 'pinkish' colored chickens please post them here.
smile.png

I think it would be pretty difficult to do proper pink. You might be able to do a sort of salmon colour by putting something like cream or champagne blonde on a splash laced red. Maybe?

I would try to get lavender on a RIR kind of color! The most red/dark kind you can get.

The lavender would do all the paling/bleaching.

If you want white lace with that just breed in additional splash or dominant white or double dose dun.

Back
Top Bottom