Breeds?

The only things that really jump out are some possible EE heritage and some variety of Red bird--Rhode Island, production, it's hard to tell at this point. The beards make me think EE, although if they have feathered feet and five toes they could be Faverolles instead, it's hard to say. I'd guess the parents weren't purebred themselves, they look like mixes of mixes. Are you getting blue or green eggs?
x3 on this.

From the peachy one I'm getting a light brown egg. One of the brown ones are laying whitey creamy eggs. The ones that look like ee haven't started laying yet as they are only just at point of lay.

Thanks guys. Just was wondering. Was maybe looking to sell a few for real cheap and just wanted some background info. Any idea of what that small black one looks like. It is very small and has a green sheen. It's tail is nearly as long as it's body and is vertical. Very weird looking too lol. My big roo I thought originally was a white sussex but now I am doubting it. Any thoughts as to what it might be. Probe is just a mix breed too:/ :D

I don't know where you are, but here I do well selling even barnyard mix pullets at point of lay for $15-20. I sure wouldn't sell them for much cheaper than that unless your local market just can't support it. I have folks on my local CL advertising pullets for as low as $8 each, I just don't know how they do it. Even with those sellers, I sell all I care to for my asking prices. Maybe not the first day, but over a 2 week period per ad I usually sell out. Don't just give them away cause they're mixes.

The only things that really jump out are some possible EE heritage and some variety of Red bird--Rhode Island, production, it's hard to tell at this point. The beards make me think EE, although if they have feathered feet and five toes they could be Faverolles instead, it's hard to say. I'd guess the parents weren't purebred themselves, they look like mixes of mixes.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom