Bresse Chickens

Here are pictures of the chicks, when my bf gets home, we're building a bigger brooder box in the barn lol, seems to be a theme

Even the regular Muscovy, which I think I have, grow very fast compared to chickens.  Nothing like roasted duck. 

Chiquita--Do you have a favorite recipe for froigras
Even the regular Muscovy, which I think I have, grow very fast compared to chickens.  Nothing like roasted duck. 

Chiquita--Do you have a favorite recipe for froigras

I poached them and made a pate with some. But it was not awesome. I got 12 ducks back at once and was a bit overwhelmed.

Quote: We have so many rules and regs here that it is silly. SO I do my own. I too like the respectful and fast aspect . . .I'm respectful but not fast though. lol

I hand pluck and the kids help and DH, so it goes a bit faster. Getting the water the right temp is key for hand plucking.

ON to bresse!

I have one chick that has been standing funny for a few days I noticed her wings are kinda down and her hind end is way up. There's no pasty butt going on
I have started to name them, this one is Kloey.

We have so many rules and regs here that it is silly. SO I do my own. I too like the respectful and fast aspect . . .I'm respectful but not fast though. lol

I hand pluck and the kids help and DH, so it goes a bit faster. Getting the water the right temp is key for hand plucking.

ON to bresse!
I was thinking of buying wax and melting it in a pot. After plucking dip the hind end in and coat it and throw it in cold water. It's SUPPOSED to peel right off. Anyone have experience with this?. It's what the wild duck hunters do.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom