Bresse Chickens

Yes, my 5 dp meatie roos are starting to get to be well, roosters. I have a haffie and an ayam cemani that are getting to the point where I wouldn't be surprised to hear an ERRKK! out of them very soon. I'm planning on decrowing my ac roo Boss, just to have him around to breed my white bresse with for sex link fm chicks. I'm picking my biggest nicest bresse to take to dretd another byc member that is a vet that does decrowing surgery in ft collins, co.

It's still going to be 3-4 years before we move out of the city, so I need to keep as discreet as I can, and let's face it, a rooster that doesn't crow incessantly is a wonderful thing.

At least I have options for roosters I get and want to keep. I need to learn caponizing on my 5 dp meaties 2 slw, 2 wl and 1 barred rock. I have a haffie I call Nugget that needs it done too.

Idk yet if I should take Boss and Reginald to get decrowed in case one doesn't make it through. Same with my bresse, take the 2 best up to ft collins and hope they have a successful procedure and recovery.

My foodie friends are offering me $25 lb for white bresse capons finished with goats milk soaked oats processed.

How big do bresse capons dress out at finished this manner and in how much time?

So eggciting, out of the 4 eggs, 3 of which are French bresse, either blue or splash.. 1 is zipping today. The first chick is from our barnyard mix... Jungle fowl Moma & silkie mix rooster.. This one was first. The egg was a few day earlier than the bresse.. I will post photos as soon as they are done..:weee

So eggciting, out of the 4 eggs, 3 of which are French bresse, either blue or splash.. 1 is zipping today. The first chick is from our barnyard mix... Jungle fowl Moma & silkie mix rooster.. This one was first. The egg was a few day earlier than the bresse.. I will post photos as soon as they are done..
wee.gif

Congratulations!

So is no one workin with Black Bresse?

I just started working with them. I originally heard there is only about a pound difference between them and the blacks lay a whiter larger egg. Unfortunatly some of my bresse are turning out to be isbars, so not sure what I will have to work with in the future.

Back
Top Bottom