Bresse Chickens

I can't wait till mine get laying age but that's' a long time. About 8 months right?

Im not sure, mine are only a little older than yours at about 3 months now, they hatched on Oct. 28th.

I lookd it all up for this convo, hatch rate was 87% on the whole but i had 2 dozen other types of eggs from my flock in there too. I think i got 11/14 + 2/2 Isbars from this fabulous breeder.

Thanks! The breeder had told me theyre very good layers also, but 25 wks... Mine have until 4/20 at that.
The average for Point of Lay for all breeds is 25 weeks. You might get some eggs before that though. I might be remembering wrong but I seem to remember them starting early.

The average for Point of Lay for all breeds is 25 weeks. You might get some eggs before that though. I might be remembering wrong but I seem to remember them starting early.
This person had a first egg at 20 weeks:

My Bresse pullet's first egg at 4months and 28 days old. 7 pullets to go, hopefully this starts a trend. :)
This bresse pullet has has laid an egg 5 days in a row now, teeny tiny little bantam sized eggs, but she's quite the layer. Pretty good for a duel purpose breed. Hopefully the eggs will get larger as time goes by.

Back
Top Bottom