Bresse Chickens

Pics
Any breeders in NV? I got a pullet with some chicks from greenfire farms, she is a sweet thing, but I just don't have a use for her. Anyone local that wants her can have her.
I can think of a use for her.
droolin.gif

You should keep her if you have laying hens. My Bresse hens are fantastic layers of huge tan eggs. You can get on average 250+ a year from her.
Any breeders in NV? I got a pullet with some chicks from greenfire farms, she is a sweet thing, but I just don't have a use for her. Anyone local that wants her can have her.

You should keep her if you have laying hens.  My Bresse hens are fantastic layers of huge tan eggs.  You can get on average 250+ a year from her.
Yeah, that's what she will be if there is no breeder that wants her. I don't have any plans to eat her, she is way too friendly.

Well my first test pen of pastured Bresse ended in a dog attack yesterday just after I took these pics actually I was learning how to post pics as the dog was chowing down on the best tasting chicken in the world. Feeling really stupid, shoulda woulda coulda
expensive lesson. Well I did find a site who will be selling Dressed Bresse in June http://americanbresse.com/Tzaddik_Farm.html.
Maybe I'll get to taste them yet. The dog did leave me 5pullets and a couple roos to start with so it's back to the drawing board.
Bummed in Montana......mark

Well my first test pen of pastured Bresse ended in a dog attack yesterday just after I took these pics actually I was learning how to post pics as the dog was chowing down on the best tasting chicken in the world. Feeling really stupid, shoulda woulda coulda
expensive lesson. Well I did find a site who will be selling Dressed Bresse in June http://americanbresse.com/Tzaddik_Farm.html.
Maybe I'll get to taste them yet. The dog did leave me 5pullets and a couple roos to start with so it's back to the drawing board.
Bummed in Montana......mark

How Sad!

Where did the dog come from?

Nothing worse than a free range dog... I recommend electric fence for the future, even a basic one or two strand will do the trick to deter a "friendly" neighborhood dog. If that doesnt deter it bring a bear trap to your neighbors house and explain that's what the dog will be facing next time he gets after your food supply.

Back
Top Bottom