Brewers Yeast for Ducklings

Jjmduckdad

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2020
Hi All- I'm new to this forum. I've been searching this site and forum for tons of info and have been raising 6 baby ducks for almost a week now. I had ordered Brewers Yeast from Amazon the day we brought the ducklings home, they're almost 2 weeks now. I just received "Kate Naturals Brewers Yeast Powder". I'm freaking out because on the bag it doesn't mention anything about Niacin on the nutrition facts. Am I giving my ducks the wrong Brewers Yeast?
IMG_20200402_214613.jpg

Does brewers yeast contain niacin?
General. The B-complex vitamins in brewer's yeast include B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B9 (folic acid), and H or B7 (biotin). ... Brewer's yeast does not contain vitamin B12, an essential vitamin found in meat and dairy products.

There is around 5mg of niacin per tablespoon of brewers yeast.
:thumbsup

I get frustrated at the 'nutritional information' (or lack of) on packs too. But if it says Brewers Yeast then it's full of the good stuff.

Hope your babies continue to do well. Feel free to post a photo on the Duck forum. Everybody loves seeing those little cuties.
Thank you for answering so quick and your help!!

Thanks, I just thought it was weird that the packaging didn't indicate anything about vitamins or niacin, I just assumed when I ordered it as long as it's Brewers Yeast and not baking yeast it was the right thing to get for them.

I get frustrated at the 'nutritional information' (or lack of) on packs too. But if it says Brewers Yeast then it's full of the good stuff.

Hope your babies continue to do well. Feel free to post a photo on the Duck forum. Everybody loves seeing those little cuties.

Back
Top Bottom