Brinsea Mini Advanced- Lock Down Question

kkattt

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
Massachusetts
Hello! I am in lock down-- We ended up locking down a day early due to the school being closed-- (Lock down Saturday Morning instead of Sunday) Monday morning I refilled the water pots to the top... I looked into them today(without opening the incubator) and noticed the water has gone down a lot. Should I leave it alone??

Thanks! =) Kim

Live feed- click the link below!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frps-chicken-hatching

Have you got any pips yet? If no, then I'd probably refill them. If yes, I'd leave it alone.

Really though, once they start hatching, humidity goes waaaaay up and you don't have to worry about keeping the wells filled.

So, whatcha hatching?

Hey, be a peach and move the camera over just a tiny bit- it being off center is driving me crazy, and making it easier for me to do things like take my kids to school, go to the gym, clean my house, etc.

So you set them on Wednesday, correct? I bet you don't see pips until later in the day today at the earliest.

Hey, be a peach and move the camera over just a tiny bit- it being off center is driving me crazy, and making it easier for me to do things like take my kids to school, go to the gym, clean my house, etc.

So you set them on Wednesday, correct? I bet you don't see pips until later in the day today at the earliest.

Lol.. I moved the camera. I candled through the plastic dome and could see air sacs.. but no beaks in them =/ Is that a BAD sign??

I've successfully hatched quite a few chicks (probably 40-50+), I candle obsessively, and I've never once seen a beak in the air cell. I think that's because theoretically, when they've internally pipped, they're supposed to be in lockdown. I try really hard not to candle when they're in lockdown. I'm not perfect, but I do pretty well with the "lock" part of lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom