Brinsea Octagon Opinions

TicketyBoo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 14, 2009
I'm looking to upgrade my incubators this year and would love to hear about anyone's opinions or experiences with the Brinsea Octagon bators!
A friend has an R-Com Mini which does everything automatically and she has a 100% hatch rate. But it only holds 3 eggs.
tongue.png
We need something bigger, but pretty simple and not too much $$.
Thanks!

I just got the Brinsea Octagon ECO and am very happy with it. I only wish that it held more eggs. I can get 20-22 eggs in there, but then there is almost no room for the chicks to move around. But as far as easy, its great. I generally don't have to mess with the temperature, I keep an eye on the humidity, but it stays stable. Absolutely no temperature spikes. And if I take the lid off, it is back up to temp in less than a minute.

i
love.gif
my eco

in fact i am considering buying a second so that i can incubate more eggs of course! They are extremely reliable and if you buy the turner you can really just set & forget (with occasional humidity checks).

The Eco mini holds 7 hens eggs (9 if they are bantam) and the Octo like everyone says about 20-21 unless they are bantams. I have them both and they are great incubators. My Octo is a manual but you just turn it never open it, and this works remarkably well. Really constant temps if you get it set right to start. It comes from the factory very close to start with.

Back
Top Bottom