Brinsea thermometer, accuracy?

I have the Brinsea Eco mini and I trust the glass thermometer. I have a digital thermometer and was getting some off readings and so I have just paid attention to the reading on the Brinsea and have had excellent hatches until my last one (shipped eggs) and I think that was due to other variables like the age of the eggs when I received them and when I set them. The hatch before was shipped eggs and everyone I set, I hatched and I trusted the thermometer in the Brinsea (glass).
thumbsup.gif

I trust the glass one more too. But, you can check it. Unscrew the thermometer holder and pop the thermometer under your tongue for a minute or two -- see how close it is to 98.6.
smile.png

Quote:
Actually, yes it does. Even though in theory the temps in a fan assisted bator should be the same anywhere in the bator, I've found that in most bators you will still get warmer and cooler spots. To check your thermometers against each other, you need to have the bulbs/probes side by side at the same height.

Over the years, I've found most glass thermometers to be more accurate than most electronic probe type ones. Also Brinsea is a top quality make and their stuff is usually spot on, so if you don't have a way of calibrating the thermometers, I think I'd go with the Brinsea one...

Back
Top Bottom