BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Pics
I believe the two chestnut Mir had are solids! 25% chance and she had two! :)
Oh wow! I don’t know much about the chesnut and chinchilla colors. Well or the steels either. I have a lot to learn about colors and genetics. I wish there was a really good book with lots of pictures about it. What is the best resource you’ve found for learning about the colors?

Oh wow! I don’t know much about the chesnut and chinchilla colors. Well or the steels either. I have a lot to learn about colors and genetics. I wish there was a really good book with lots of pictures about it. What is the best resource you’ve found for learning about the colors?
I think it's called yellow brook rabbitry... I can't remember, I'll try to check later if that doesn't work. The next breeding, as of now there may be sooner ones, is scheduled for September 28th. I hope to breed either V with Kenobi or Casp. I am just so sick of chasing Veritas all over the place when I go to get her out of the tractor. Or her moody tail wag. Or her in heat (absolute demon). And I can't safely groom her if she's going to attack me. I use a towel to get her and she mauls it every time. Kind of terrifying. I would prefer to put up with her as little as possible. So maybe next summer she'll be outta here.

I think it's called yellow brook rabbitry... I can't remember, I'll try to check later if that doesn't work. The next breeding, as of now there may be sooner ones, is scheduled for September 28th. I hope to breed either V with Kenobi or Casp. I am just so sick of chasing Veritas all over the place when I go to get her out of the tractor. Or her moody tail wag. Or her in heat (absolute demon). And I can't safely groom her if she's going to attack me. I use a towel to get her and she mauls it every time. Kind of terrifying. I would prefer to put up with her as little as possible. So maybe next summer she'll be outta here.
Oh gosh, I don’t blame you. That sounds horrible to deal with!

I think we have the same ideas for breeding schedule lol! I wrote down Sept 27th. 😂

Aw! We need some pictures! I'm sure they've grown a ton!
I just got out new larger indoor cage today! I will be putting hard wood flooring under it to protect the carpet. For now, I just put down some old rugs. At some point there will only be two of the bunnies living indoors! They love the new cage space!! Still trying to figure out the litter box and food thing. For the most part, I think they are litter trained but they were kicking out so much poop when they jumped out. So I got that new one with higher sides but it doesn’t let me hang their food above it. I just need to figure that out still.
19FA6FB5-E477-4C32-ACB1-C4C59EEAFC8E.jpeg
FDC4816A-1DF1-4856-8438-2CC00AEC905D.jpeg
8ABE3A74-F294-424C-A2F4-06333BD3F376.jpeg

I just got out new larger indoor cage today! I will be putting hard wood flooring under it to protect the carpet. For now, I just put down some old rugs. At some point there will only be two of the bunnies living indoors! They love the new cage space!! Still trying to figure out the litter box and food thing. For the most part, I think they are litter trained but they were kicking out so much poop when they jumped out. So I got that new one with higher sides but it doesn’t let me hang their food above it. I just need to figure that out still. View attachment 3177453View attachment 3177455View attachment 3177459
That’s a nice setup! Do you have any toys for them?

That’s a nice setup! Do you have any toys for them?
I just ordered them some last night! And I had to make the cage smaller again temporarily because they liked to use the rugs to pee 😒 But I’m picking up the flooring today that will hopefully keep them using the litter box. I also picked up some none treated or stained baskets they can chew on at a thrift store yesterday. I think I saw from someone else’s post that was something they would like?

Back
Top Bottom