BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

@Barred Rock Mama so when do you have babies due again?

Hershey is definitely back to trying to breed but Lilly won’t lift. I’m gonna try again in the morning. She may just not work out as breeding stock. So disappointing since my other does are still a couple months from being breeding age or having babies.
16th.

Lorelei just died. I found her dying just like Quinny and Kenobi. I would have put her down, but I am going to try and save her for a necropsy. So disappointing. I think I may be done with Plush Lops and stick with Mini's. Plush are beautiful, but it has come to a point where I have too many rabbits to enjoy them all. Mopsy and Sirius will stay for now.

16th.

Lorelei just died. I found her dying just like Quinny and Kenobi. I would have put her down, but I am going to try and save her for a necropsy. So disappointing. I think I may be done with Plush Lops and stick with Mini's. Plush are beautiful, but it has come to a point where I have too many rabbits to enjoy them all. Mopsy and Sirius will stay for now.
Oh nooo! That’s terribly sad. I hope you are able to get a necropsy and see what’s going on. I’m so sorry.

In the past couple months I have had 3 rabbits pass away mysteriously. All under 6 months. There are no symptoms, they can be fine and an hour later they're gone.

I had one pass away last night and was thinking of getting it checked out to see if I can figure out what's going on, but of course that would be expensive. Do you have suggestions on what I do? I was thinking of removing rabbits and quarantining for a month and deep cleaning my hutches. Any thoughts or advice?

I've lost Quinn, Kenobi, and Lorelei, all from different backgrounds, breeders, and litters.

In the past couple months I have had 3 rabbits pass away mysteriously. All under 6 months. There are no symptoms, they can be fine and an hour later they're gone.

I had one pass away last night and was thinking of getting it checked out to see if I can figure out what's going on, but of course that would be expensive. Do you have suggestions on what I do? I was thinking of removing rabbits and quarantining for a month and deep cleaning my hutches. Any thoughts or advice?

I've lost Quinn, Kenobi, and Lorelei, all from different backgrounds, breeders, and litters.
And you haven’t noticed them not eating before they die or anything like that? Is there any chance they are getting frightened by another animal, maybe a dog or wild animal? Any blood around the nose or mouth? Or is there anything they could be chewing off the cages and ingesting?

I think you have a good idea with moving the rabbits and disinfecting the cages to be sure it’s not bacteria related.

And you haven’t noticed them not eating before they die or anything like that? Is there any chance they are getting frightened by another animal, maybe a dog or wild animal? Any blood around the nose or mouth? Or is there anything they could be chewing off the cages and ingesting?

I think you have a good idea with moving the rabbits and disinfecting the cages to be sure it’s not bacteria related.
They seem to be just fine until those last few minutes.

Possible, but not likely. Moving the hutch back up to the house.afyer cleaning and quarantining to get rid of that risk.

No blood.

I haven't noticed excessive chewing, but spray painted wood could be an option but I doubt it.

They seem to be just fine until those last few minutes.

Possible, but not likely. Moving the hutch back up to the house.afyer cleaning and quarantining to get rid of that risk.

No blood.

I haven't noticed excessive chewing, but spray painted wood could be an option but I doubt it.
That’s so strange and I know it’s hard not knowing exactly what it is. Other than disinfecting the cage, I don’t have any other advice. Maybe someone else will hop on and have clues as to what could be going on! Did you post as a seperate post also? Maybe others would see it that way.

16th.

I am So sorry.:hit

91456292-F7B4-4173-8454-9719A5F63DC5.jpeg

Willow did well at the fair!! I look forward to seeing what offspring she gives us!

Back
Top Bottom