BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Hear is a quick update:
The only rabbits staying here over winter (or at least part of it) are:
Caspian
Kalmar
Mirabelle
Chai
Mopsy (only cause she's preggo.)

I want to find a doe other than Chai, I wasn't at all impressed with that first litter or her attitude with the bucks. I have a couple friend that have some Mini Lop litters I might steal from, they would just have to be colors we're going after.
Is Mopsy the one due on the 16th?

Yes ma'am! Mirabelle is acting all preggers again, but she's not lol. Probably :/

Caspian is still acting funny when he's with does. He's surrounded by them all day... I need Mir to go into "heat", maybe that will change things.
And have you tried to breed Chai again or are you waiting? That’s just so strange about Caspian. For the young ones who are not breeding age, it doesn’t seem as weird. But to act that way around the ones who are breeding age is strange, even if they are not receptive. He’s not very old right?

I’m hoping Lilly is bred. She was soooo stubborn about it. I only saw one fall off. She just kept refusing the lift. If she doesn’t do well with mothering this time, I’ll likely just go ahead and find a doe to replace her. Idk that I’ll give her a third try considering how difficult she was being to breed.

And have you tried to breed Chai again or are you waiting? That’s just so strange about Caspian. For the young ones who are not breeding age, it doesn’t seem as weird. But to act that way around the ones who are breeding age is strange, even if they are not receptive. He’s not very old right?

I’m hoping Lilly is bred. She was soooo stubborn about it. I only saw one fall off. She just kept refusing the lift. If she doesn’t do well with mothering this time, I’ll likely just go ahead and find a doe to replace her. Idk that I’ll give her a third try considering how difficult she was being to breed.
Caspian is only a year. Yes, Chai is the doe I am trying to pair him with.

Veritas was like that. I'd have to hold her down by the scruff or she would literally try to kill the buck. She was extremely difficult.

Caspian is only a year. Yes, Chai is the doe I am trying to pair him with.

Veritas was like that. I'd have to hold her down by the scruff or she would literally try to kill the buck. She was extremely difficult.
Lilly doesn’t ever try to kick or fight the bucks. She very much likes to lay by them, cuddle, and be cleaned haha! Just doesn’t want to be pregnant I guess. I’ll palpate her soon but I’m not the best at it. Any tips?

Lilly doesn’t ever try to kick or fight the bucks. She very much likes to lay by them, cuddle, and be cleaned haha! Just doesn’t want to be pregnant I guess. I’ll palpate her soon but I’m not the best at it. Any tips?
I know you can press pretty darn hard and not injure the babies at the 2 week period. And if you don't feel anything, that doesn't mean much.

I know you can press pretty darn hard and not injure the babies at the 2 week period. And if you don't feel anything, that doesn't mean much.
I had my first successful palpate!!! Lilly in indeed pregnant. She really didn’t want me messing with her, not aggressive or anything, she just kept trying to get away. So, I didn’t want to keep pushing it and stress her out but I counted at least 4 embryos in a row.

I had my first successful palpate!!! Lilly in indeed pregnant. She really didn’t want me messing with her, not aggressive or anything, she just kept trying to get away. So, I didn’t want to keep pushing it and stress her out but I counted at least 4 embryos in a row.
Can you describe how you did it? And where did you feel her? How far along is she?

Can you describe how you did it? And where did you feel her? How far along is she?
Well I watched a bunch of videos today. I went under her from her side and in between her hind legs and just rubbed or massaged my thumb firmly to my other fingers. At first I didn’t feel anything but kept trying and they were up high! Once I found one, it was easy feel them in a row. She’s 10-11 days along.

Well I watched a bunch of videos today. I went under her from her side and in between her hind legs and just rubbed or massaged my thumb firmly to my other fingers. At first I didn’t feel anything but kept trying and they were up high! Once I found one, it was easy feel them in a row. She’s 10-11 days along.
I’m just crossing my fingers that she’s a better mom this time!

Back
Top Bottom