Broke back farm?:)

roosty

Songster
11 Years
Jul 3, 2008
Georgia
Ok so I have a rooster that jumped on the back of another one of my roosters the other day, the rooster on the bottom squated down and the duty was done. I was like WHAT! So i guess the rooster on the bottom is a hen. I put her in the pen with the other hens and she hasnt showed any signs of being a roo. Weird! Then today the same rooster that jumped on the back of that one jumped on the back of another roo today. The roo on the bottom squaked and then squated down, the duty was done and I was like WHAT AGAIN!!! The rooster on the bottom this time has to be a roo. HUGE comb and wattles. The roo on the bottom hasnt crowed yet but it looks just like a roo. The 2 roo/hens that were on the bottom are about 6/7 months old. Could they be hens or is the roo on top a little broke back? HA:)
I will take pics of the roo/hens tomarrow and post them.

Some roos will do this to other roos to show who's dominate.I've had two different flocks where this happened before.It stopped when the extra roos were removed.
I think someone else posted a topic about this before.

Be careful with those roos. My grey rooster used to show my RIR rooster he was dominate in the brokeback way. My RIR got tired of that and showed the grey rooster he was ultimately the dominate one.

Mounting is just a sign of domination. All animals do it, humans included, males and females alike. Spay/neuter makes no difference to the act, it's natural/nature.

Back
Top Bottom