Not finding the right answer about Roosters Stuff….

Jul 2, 2022
NellyVille & KelceLand
Ok so I’ve had chickens for 4 years. Every time I get a rooster in the mix my girls constantly have white on their bottoms that looks like caked up Rooster Juice. Never so my hens get white booties unless the roosters have been mating. Anyone else notice this? Everywhere I have searched for answers besides it’s dried poop or it’s a health condition isn’t giving me what I’m searching for. And hey maybe I have taught someone something then if I’m letting others know it’s ok! The mating just got a little messy! Or maybe the hens didn’t want it and spit it back out! Idk anyone else have anything?

Every time you add new birds to the flock you are seeing this issue?

Every time you add new birds to the flock you are seeing this issue?
No. I breed chickens for fun and donate but keep some. Anytime I have a rooster is what I mean. When they start mating the girls they mate end up with what looks like “boy stuff” on their butt feathers. Never have this issue without a rooster.

No. I breed chickens for fun and donate but keep some. Anytime I have a rooster is what I mean. When they start mating the girls they mate end up with what looks like “boy stuff” on their butt feathers. Never have this issue without a rooster.
Rooster don't shoot stuff all over the hens. Your hens may need to be dewormed and possibly treated with antibiotics. Is a vet visit an option?

Back
Top Bottom