broke my arm yesterday

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickyPooh, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    FYI i probly wont be on byc for a while. i tripped over my own feet at school and broke my arm. its my right arm so i can't write and i can barley type with my left. I broke both bones and right now there no surgery but idk what will happen in th future. 12 weeks of healing ahead, ttyl

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm sorry and I sure you hope you heal fast. Do the hunt and peck with one finger. I'm ambidextrous, write with both hands, you can learn too, it's not that hard.
    kat

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Oh, you'll be on. What else do you have to do? [​IMG] You'll just learn to use the other hand which in your future could be a very useful thing. Sorry for your Oops. [​IMG]

4. ChickyPooh

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    thanks and I probly will still be on just not posunig as much. i can kindawrite with the left but nobody but me can read it. [​IMG] i can do pretty much anything else cause this isn't the first time i've broken it.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Oh I'm sorry 12 weeks seems so long, I hope it flies by for you.

(I hate typing with one hand - no matter which one it is)

6. ChickyPooh

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    wildsky.......me too! it'll be 3 weeks in a full arm thats pinched in at the break to reposition the bone and then 3 weeks in a normal full arm after that, it 6 weeks in a hlf arm cast. POOH!

7. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Oh, major bummer! I'm sorry about your mishap and the next 12 weeks or singlearmedness (like that word? [​IMG]).

8. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    just think, it could be worse. Last year my mom broke both wrists at the same time. Practice writing with you other hand, they are right those who said it may come in handy (again) in the future. I can print better than write with my opposite hand. Did they mention physical therapy after you get your cast off? You may need to give your muscles a little help to get back into the swing of things. Feel better [​IMG]

9. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    OUCH! I hope you heal quickly. [​IMG]
    Mitzi

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] No kidding.
    My hubby broke both LEGS about two years ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by