My Treatments for Bumblefoot are not working. Are there any alternatives?

500 mg capsules

Amoxicillin​

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-19 4.17.34 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 4.17.34 AM.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 2
Don't listen to anyone telling to use a scalpel, you risk pushing the infection deeper. The solution is RAW HONEY. It might work with normal honey but I only use raw (unpasteurized) honey. Put some on a bit of cotton, put the cotton on the scab, it will stick, then bandage. Change everyday. There should be enough honey so that the scab is really well covered with it.

You should also know that the scab doesn't mean the infection is active. From your pics it doesn't look red. Is it very warm to the touch or same as the other foot? If it's like the other foot then the infection is not active. Still do the honey bandages to be sure and it will help for the scab to fall. Continue afterwards so that no dirt get in there. DON'T TRY TO DO SURGERY TO GET RID OF THE MASS. You only need to stop the infection, assuming it is active - the mass will go away on its own after a while.
I know this was posted a while ago but it is very incorrect. Some of what you said is true, raw honey can be incredibly beneficial. But with a closed wound, that isn't going to do a lot.
Often times surgery is required, if there is infection. The scalpel is to lance it or remove the scab and let out the infection, then it can be emptied, cleaned and treated. If this isn't done, without antibiotics (and even with them on occasion) the infection will spread and could completely disable the bird.
There are many success stories where people have done this surgery, I'm not sure I've ever heard of it failing or worsening the condition.

I'm afraid that therapy isn't going to cut it, no pun intended.
You need to order a set of scalpels to remove the scab and get to the infection.
Don't worry about a bandage because they are hard to apply and never stay on.
Get some Green Goo and some Coli-Stop pills for pigeons.
Grind one pill with spoons and mix it with enough Goo for one large application to the wound.
Typically it's one and done, provided you get the majority of the infection removed.
Keep giving her Trim Sulfa antibiotics. This is my case too

Keep giving her Trim Sulfa antibiotics. This is my case too
Spray the foot at black scab with small part DSMO and the iodine, hydrogen peroxide, and chlorexadine 2 percent at least once a day. I guess try picking it off an wrapping it. In addition to sulfa trim 240mg per day, probably less for a smaller duck with not so red infection. Wash the foot everyday to prevent spread with chlorhexfine handsome at Ace Hardware

Back
Top Bottom