Broken leg???

AllyTCat

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
I think my duckling might’ve broke or dislocated her leg. She isn’t acting like she’s in too much distress though except sometimes she’ll peep a bit louder and she stomps around a lot and won’t lay down unless I’m holding her. Here are some pictures. If it’s broken, what do I do? I don’t think there’s a vet nearby that treats ducklings but I’ll check. It was hard to get good pictures, this was all I could manage, sorry. A253B3F9-3E0E-4137-94A9-7C6B53B1DC3B.jpeg 890A8B5B-C674-4661-A6FF-1D0CBEE878B5.jpeg

Compared to the other leg, are there any physical abnormities? (exp, clicking in the joints, discoloration, swelling, angulation, etc?)

Could you post a video of the bird trying to walk?

Compared to the other leg, are there any physical abnormities? (exp, clicking in the joints, discoloration, swelling, angulation, etc?)

Could you post a video of the bird trying to walk?
There’s swelling in the upper leg. I would post a video of her walking, but I’m not currently at home so I cannot do so. Also, any time she lays down she lays on her side. Specifically the side without a broken leg. When she walks, it’s more of limping or hobbling and when she’s standing still she will stomp very fast, alternating feet each time. If she’s eating or drinking, she will rest the injured leg down so that the entire leg is flat and at a curved angle on the ground with her foot curled up. Also, i have a picture of when she was sleeping.
B2BDFAF6-C39E-4261-A125-F774DD837E92.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom